We are looking for an experienced Content Designer. Content Designers fulfill a unique role at Grimlore Games, combining aspects of Quest Design, game design as well as scripting. You will collaborate closely with other departments to design and implement quests, gameplay and events.
In cooperation with Narrative Designers, you will find the best way to bring the story to life. You will work together with Level Designers to best integrate your content in our environments.
You will be working on Project Minerva an ambitious ARPG set in ancient Greece that aims to innovate on the traditional ARPG formula.
Remote work is possible
Some of your responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Designers, Producers, Artists, Programmers and the Audio team to realize the vision of the game
- Design engaging content for our players to enjoy. This includes quests, game modes, combat encounters as well as scripted events
- Implement content in the game using Unreal Engine and Scripting languages
- Provide feedback and guidance to less experienced Content Designers
- Develop design- and implementation-workflows together with the other departments
- Document your work in Miro and Confluence and track your progress on Trello
- Be a good communicator!
- Experience as a Game-, Level-, or Narrative Designer in a professional environment
- At least one shipped title where you worked in one of the mentioned roles – also mod projects count
- Experience in working with game engines. Experience with Unreal Engine is a big plus
- Experience with using scripting languages to implement game content like quests, for example LUA or AngelScript.
- Good documentation skills
- Good written and spoken English skills
- German skills are a plus but not required
- Passionate about ARPGs and RPGs in general. You should be an experienced player in those genres.
- Comfortable with giving and receiving criticism, as well as working in an iterative approach