We are looking for a skilled, passionate, and creative Technical Animator. We are looking for someone who can provide technical solutions to aesthetic problems and challenges on the Engine level in the broad field of animation.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the animation and programming team members to come up with solutions for challenges like Character Customization, Dismemberment, Procedural Animations, IK, Cloth, and Rigid body physics
- Work directly with the animation tool set of a modern game engine to maximize the results
- Ability to set up animation graphs / state machines in a modern game engine like Unreal or Unity
- Basic knowledge about animation in Maya / 3D Studio Max
- Knowledge of the pipeline of animating a video game character from Maya/3DS Max into the animation controller in Unreal/Unity
- Ability to analyze our game and competitor games and identifying needs to increase the animation quality
- Bonus: Coding knowledge in C++, Blueprints (UE4), C# or Python
- Bonus: Motion Capture and Pose to Pose experience
- Passion for real-time strategy and/or roleplaying games is welcomed
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Germany/E.U
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- A positive team-oriented mindset.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and be able to work without micromanagement.