We are looking for a skilled, passionate and creative Systems Designer. Systems Designers at Grimlore Games look after most aspects of core gameplay. You will collaborate closely with other departments to design and implement gameplay mechanics such as combat (examples: enemies, skills), and overarching systems (examples: progression, crafting).
You will be working on Project Minerva an ambitious ARPG that aims to innovate on the traditional ARPG formula.
Remote work is possible.
- Collaborate with Designers, Producers, Artists, Programmers and the Audio team to realize the vision of the game.
- Design engaging gameplay systems for our players to enjoy. This includes combat, abilities, enemies, as well as progression systems.
- Implement content in the game using Unreal Engine and Scripting languages.
- Document your work in Miro and Confluence and track your progress on Trello
- Be a good communicator!
- (Mid) Experience as a Game-, Level-, or Narrative Designer in a professional environment.
- (Mid) At least one shipped title where you worked in one of the mentioned roles – also mod projects count.
- A solid understanding of game balancing and related mathematics.
- Good documentation skills.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- Passionate about ARPGs and RPGs in general. You should be an experienced player in those genres.
- Comfortable with giving and receiving criticism, as well as working in an iterative approach
- Experience in working with game engines. Experience with Unreal Engine is a big plus.
- Experience with using scripting languages to implement game content like abilities or AI behaviors, for example LUA or AngelScript.
- German skills are a plus.