We are looking for a skilled Environment Artist Artist to create a wide range of 3D models for us (foliage, rocks, architecture, terrain/ground materials, props, and more). As an Environment Artist you will be working closely with the level team, which is responsible for creating the game world, from blockout to final visual quality. Therefore your responsibility is not only to create outstanding models but also to stay in close dialogue with the Level Designers, to create modular and versatile assets that are also easy to implement.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Work directly with our Level Designers to build atmospheric environment assets with a focus on modularity, readability, and mood, while ensuring that the gameplay space is readable.
- Co-author a modern 3D art pipeline that fits Grimlore’s world creation approach.
- Model and texture assets for an unannounced top-down game.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques, and reviews.
- Help to manage a team of Environment Art outsourcers.
- Experience and a portfolio demonstrating assets developed in a modern pipeline and in a game development studio environment.
- Sense for art and knowledge about technology.
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, composition, and silhouette as it relates to world-building and modeling.
- Ability to work creatively as part of a team.
- Proactive, autonomous, and self-motivated
- Applicants must be authorized to work in Germany/E.U.
- Willingness to relocate to Munich, Germany.
- Fluent in written and spoken English